Friday, April 30, 2010

Talking out loud...

Thursday, April 29, 2010:


I am sitting here, thinking about all the stuff we go through, the drama, the stress, and it hit me: how many of us actually believe and trust that “all things work together for good, to them that love God and are fitting into His plans” when we are in the middle of an intense situation? How many of us connect to Psalm 23 “even though I go through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not be afraid, for You are with me...”? We need to expand our sight and take a good look from a different angle. “Bad things” happening to us may not be simply “bad things”. It could be a particular valley you are meant to go through, for God to take you to the other side. Especially those of who us who have stepped forward and said, “I’m all in, holding back nothing, take me where You want to take me Jesus, use me all the way, this is it”.


Meant to go through? I believe so. We all influence our own destiny. My choices determine my future. If I say, “Father, I am meant for more than this. Take me where you want me to go, I am here for that purpose” then you better believe He will acknowledge that! And we don’t realize the ensuing valley-passing is a direct result of that request. Our discontent is not with the pasture we are currently in; it is with the knowing that “there must be more than this that is meant for me, I want to be THERE!” So God, the best Dad there is, takes us by the hand and takes us there--often through the “death valley express route”. I find that looking at things this way relieves the strain, presents me with fresh light and puts fresh wind in my sails.


A frequent perspective check is always good. Good to sound things out, good to look at it again, from a different viewpoint. Good to question your own decisions and see if they’re still up to snuff. If it can’t stand up to my own scrutiny, it ain’t worth the doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment